The Importance of In-Depth
Yearly comprehensive eye exams are at the heart of making sure your eyes are healthy, your prescription is up-to-date, and that any eye diseases are detected, even before you start showing symptoms. To prevent painful eye strain and stay ahead of high-risk conditions like glaucoma, a general look at your eyes or basic vision screening is not enough. That’s why our comprehensive eye exams thoroughly check every aspect of your eyes, from the eyelids and eye surface to the back of your retina, to get a precise picture of your vision and eye health.
Why Choose New York Ophthalmology for Your Eye Exam
When you come in for an eye exam, your doctor will guide you through each step and educate you on the purpose of the tests being performed, as well as thoroughly explain your results. We also prioritize your comfort by using industry-leading technology that takes accurate measurements and detailed images with ease. At New York Ophthalmology, we always pair you with a dedicated professional who has your best vision and eye health at heart as they administer and personalize your exam.
What to Expect at Your Eye Exam
In your comprehensive exam, our eye doctors will ask you questions to better understand your background and vision needs. We’ll also address any symptoms you may have, such as blurry vision, frequent headaches, or rubbing your eyes, as those may be caused by an underlying eye condition. Then, we’ll use our advanced equipment, like the Optos ultra-widefield™ retinal imager and our handheld electroretinography (ERG) device to measure your visual field, giving us information about your eyes’ anatomy and your vision prescription. If we detect any high-risk eye diseases, the same doctor who diagnosed you will then work directly with you to develop a customized treatment plan. This ensures that the doctor who knows your eyes best is the same one that will help you through your disease.
Our comprehensive eye exams include:
- Getting to Know You: We ask about your health history, medications you may be taking, lifestyle, and symptoms you’re experiencing.
- Specialized Testing: Our doctors check your visual acuity, visual field, eye measurements, and more to determine your vision prescription and if you need corrective lenses.
- Disease Screening: We’ll analyze the outer and innerworkings of your eye and make sure your retina, cornea, and other areas prone to conditions are healthy and functioning so we can catch issues before you show any symptoms.
- Personalized Treatment Plan: We’ll work with you to manage any eye disease we detect through a combination of in-office treatments, prescriptions, and tailored lifestyle recommendations.
- Specialized Care Assessment: If we determine you need a higher level of care, such as cataract or refractive surgery, we’ll set you up with one of our world-class surgeons and start you on the path to better eyesight.
- Follow-Up: Based on your case, we’ll help you schedule the best time to come back in to see us, so you can stay proactive about your eye health and vision.
We consistently set high standards when it comes to providing a standout experience for our patients, from our array of eye care services to our amazing doctors. Schedule a comprehensive eye exam with us today and see how we’ve raised the bar!
Our eye doctors are revered across the eye care field for being experts in everything from common vision issues to more complex diseases that affect the cornea and retina. We employ a team with unparalleled skill in all things eye care, so we can immediately diagnose any conditions and then build a treatment plan around your needs to preserve your sight. Adding to their world-class reputation is their deep commitment, compassion, and investment in you, their patient. At New York Ophthalmology, you can rest assured you’re always in the best hands.
Our five locations are located across four boroughs of New York City — and we’re still growing! We’re your top provider of a broad range of services, including comprehensive eye exams, from doctors with integrity, passion, and expertise. Come visit us at our practices in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Jackson Heights, Jamaica, Manhattan, and South Bronx!